Friday, May 25, 2018

Acrylic Pouring, yet another rabbit hole to fall into

Winter is hard around the studio as it's really my unheated garage, therefore I needed to find something free of torches and sawdust that I can move to the basement and acrylic pouring seems to fit the role.  I'm not going to go into great detail how I produced each of these mostly because I'm lazy and don't keep notes, further there are lots of educational videos on YouTube about the process.



All you really need to know

It's forgiving,
yes you occasionally screw one up but being abstract it's amazing how someone will still like it.

It's even more forgiving,
yes you have to pick colours that don't suck or clash but no real painting talent is needed.

It's quick.   prepping a surface or mixing the paints might take a some time but the pours themselves can produce a lovely result in mere minutes. (except then you must wait a month for it to cure)

It's relatively cheap.  you can spend big on profession paints but normal craft paints do a respectable job too


Anyways I'm posting my first attempts up here for your viewing,,

















Comments appreciated.

there will be more of these I assure you,, just too much fun,


No comments:

Post a Comment